Monday, March 14, 2016

Diva Challenge #259: "Touch of Irish"

No, I'm not dead! I'm just living under a mound of schoolwork.


^_^

I have been posting a bit on my Instagram, though...so check me out there if you want (aquario5678) ^_^ Anywho. This challenge was fun - I decided to go the not-creative route and just tangle in green. Oh, and stick some shamrocks down at the bottom. And some dots with a Gelly Roll Moonlight. ^_^

Tangles used: Flukes, Betweed, Chartz, Keeko, Static, Mooka, Sh'rock 
I've also been trying to get a little more into realism, mostly with the help of how-to-draw videos. Here's a koi fish, which I'm actually quite proud of (thank you Mark Crilley ^_^).

Blub blub.
I also drew a sparrow with just a photo reference...but I won't show you that here and instead direct you over to my YouTube channel to see, because I'm a shameless self-plugger ^_^

Enjoy and be inspired! ^_^


10 comments:

  1. Nice tangling! Very realistic koi, and I love the video of the little fat sparrow. Thanks for sharing that with us.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi Daniel,
    You captured my curiosity, so I just watched your Sparrow video. I wish I could see the colours that you decipher in the photo. I wouldn't have guessed to use the purple! Your picture of the koi fish is really intriguing drawn upside down. I keep returning to look at it time and again. I like the 3D-ness of your flukes and you've made me want to go and try Keeko again with that curved look. Thank you!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Much as I like the green tile, the Koi really caught my attention. I'm pretty awful at representational drawing so I'm filled with admiration.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Love your Diva Challenge tile and your Koi is fabulous

    ReplyDelete
  5. Your Irish piece is great, a cornucopia of shamrocks. You've nestled all your tangles together beautifully. Your koi is wonderful, great job.

    ReplyDelete
  6. I like the Irish tile and the koi fish is GREAT!!!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Fun Irish piece and love the little fat sparrow! I also can relate to the photo at the start.... Just the way I feel, but it's with all the grading that I have to do before the end of the quarter next week! :)

    ReplyDelete
  8. Hi there,
    I'm a CZT in Southern California. I'd like to use your tangle Undo in my class materials and a poster. I'd be happy to send you copies if you'd like. You can contact me via my web site below (I can't see an obvious way to keep my email private here.)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I'd love it if you taught my tangle - although it's Undu, not Undo ^_^ You don't have to send me copies or anything, just go for it. It makes me happy just to know people are using and enjoying it ^_^

      Delete